Monday, July 19, 2010

Oh the weather outside is weather

Another weekend has come and gone! Back to the grind. I had a really good weekend, even though it was hotter than Hades outside!! Usually, I prefer the heat to the cold...85 is my perfect temperature. As long as there is no humidity-but we all know the humidity is MURDER these days! Oh well, I still prefer this to the snow so bring on the heat!

Saturday, I went to a baby shower. My cousin Patrick who is currently deployed has a baby on the way with his wife, Nikki. He'll be back at the beginning of August and baby comes shortly after. Her name will be Presley (adorable name, right??) The gang was all there and we had a great time catching up and hanging out together. I won a game! Which is very weird considering I never win anything. It was the game where you have to cut off the ribbon at what you THINK the size of her belly is. I know that at one of my baby showers they played that game and I was so offended by how many people grossly overestimated so I made sure to keep it on the smaller size. I only went over by about an inch! So I won a very good smelling bath set!
Sorry for the blurry pictures...my phone is terrible

Nikki opening the present from me and April


Allison, April and me

April doing what she does best...talking on the phone

My very very favorite Aunt Donna!!! (and of course Allison too)

I love my Mommy :)

We stuck Granny in a corner to eat her food :) Clearly, she also has no idea I'm taking a picture. ACTION SHOT!

April and Allison

Peyton being silly

On Sunday, the boys and I had the world's laziest day. We started with a catastrophe that made us just give up on the entire day. Jackson took a rather large poo, outside of his diaper, and then proceeded to tramble it all over my living room. That resulted in a head to toe scrubbing, twice and an extreme clean of the carpet. Yuck! After that, I realized the day was doomed so we gave up on doing ANYTHING of substance....and it really ended up being bliss. It was seriously a perfect day. We watched movies, hung out, listened to music and just enjoyed each other's company. Chris and I watched "Couples Therapy" during quiet time which was a really good movie! While we did that, Jackson napped and Peyton watched "The Little Mermaid" in his room. We were sooo worthless yesterday that we even gave up on making dinner and just ordered a pizza. BUMS and loved every second. We all went to bed early to prepare for the week ahead and Chris and I fell asleep to one of our all time favorite movies "Forgetting Sarah Marshall". That movie can crack me up every time!


Wearing Bubba's safari hat (last week was jungle week at daycare so he got his safari hat as his end of week present).

Pardon my husband's pale, pale legs


Just cause I love this picture

My little love muffin

Peyton insisted that I take a picture of his BFF "Ki Ki" so he held it up and tried to get out of the picture

Sideways Jax

How did Kiki get on top of the TV Peyton?




It took some doing and a couple of grumbles from me (excuse those please) but he finally blew kisses to the camera :)

I enjoyed my weekend thoroughly but it's another week. Let's roll with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment