Monday, June 28, 2010

Adorakable weekend

"GIVE ME A COOKIE WOMAN!!!!"

I was a slacker on taking pictures this weekend but we sure did get a lot accomplished! Friday night, the boys stayed at my parents house while Chris and I went with dear friends of ours (The Yatskos) to the Blue Crabs game. We went out to Casey Jones afterwards and had a really great night! It was good to get out and the boys always love a trip to Grandma's. When I got to Mom's the next morning to pick the boys up, Jax was sleeping and Peyton was helping Grand Dad in the garden. Mom told me Jax had felt warm to her so I let him sleep for a while longer. When I went to get him up, he felt HOT! I think those molars of his coming in are giving him fits again...can't wait for them to just come out. We got home and I gave him some motrin. I went to Ladies who Lunch with my BFF Amanda and some of her mother's friends and we had a great time catching up. Jax still was under the weather so I had to leave pretty early to go tend to him. Saturday night, Bubba and I just relaxed in bed watching Sleeping Beauty. I love that movie! Yesterday, I literally did nothing but laundry. Didn't make it to church...nothing. It was faaaaaaaaar too hot to go outside of the house. Peyton, my outdoor boy, even wanted to stay inside! Hopefully lots of rain comes through this week and cools things off cause this weather now is just torture.

I wish I had taken pictures last week of the boy's new haircuts. That was a fiasco in itself! I took them to Great Clips where Jackson first got his haircut but there was a looong wait and Jax was getting fussy. So I figured I'd just drive through the parking lot of the barber that Chris and Peyton normally go and if there weren't many cars I'd stop in. It was empty so we headed in. They did a great job on Peyton's...his usual. I explained to the woman she needed to use scissors on Jax and just a trim. I'm getting him occupied with a lollipop and she comes out of nowhere with the clippers and buzzes him! My baby's hair is waaay shorter than I ever wanted but he looks cute regardless...just not at all what I wanted. From now on, I'll risk the wait at the salon for my little boy bander (he seriously was sporting Justin Bieber hair for a while).

I got Peyton officially signed up for kindergarten on Friday! I'm experiencing so many mixed emotions with this. I know he's going to love it, he's such a social butterfly. But I also feel far too young to have a child entering kindergarten. I remember the day he was born like it was just yesterday and it makes me weepy at the drop of hat to think of the first day of school. The past 5 years of my life have been the most life changing, loving, happiest years of my life and that is because of him. It saddens me to know that it's just a matter of time before he's graduating high school and off in to the big scary world on his own. All the new mommy's and Mommies-to-be out there heed my warning as someone who knows...it goes by way too fast, enjoy every precious second of it. Even the rough moments are worth it. We, as mothers, are the most blessed people on the face of the planet and we are all better because of it.

Other than that, not too much is going on in the world of Romine. Looking forward to the long weekend with my boys...hopefully I'll find a swimming pool somewhere to enjoy cause it's been toooooo hot for Lindi.

No comments:

Post a Comment