It was a nice long weekend but now it's back to reality. After the wonderful Mommy dates with the boys Wednesday and Thursday, Friday we went to Blockbuster and got a couple of movies (Wizard of Oz and Sword in the Stone). We watched movies and vegged out. Amanda came by on her lunch break and when she left we took a long walk around the neighborhood. The boys took long naps
Jackson curled up with my shoe, apparently :) That night, Amanda, her sister Lexi (Jackson's girlfriend) and their father came over and we hung out listening to music and just enjoying the visit. Peyton hung in there with us while Jackson had gone to sleep before they came over. We had such a great time just laughing and talking, those are my favorite nights!
Saturday, the boys were going to Grandma and GrandDad's for the night while Chris and I got a rare opportunity to go out! During the day we just hung around and took care of "house maintenance". I ran out to the store to make sure Grandma had plenty of supplies for the boys. I dropped them off around 4:30 and then went home to get ready. Chris and I met his brother Allen at the Greene Turtle for dinner and then I met Amanda out at Casey's. Chris and Allen went down to Gilligans. I've never been there but Chris said it seems like a pretty chill atmosphere. We saw an interesting band play called Cajun Kelly and spending the evening laughing with Amanda was just what the doctor ordered!
Sunday we didn't do much after church. It was a rather dreary day and I wasn't liking the fact that I had to return to work today so I did a lot of laundry and spent the day with the 3 boys I love the most. I did go out to Safeway cause Jackson forgot his ninny at Grandma's and I knew bedtime would be a nightmare if he didn't have it. The funny thing that happened was I was talking to my mother on the phone while I was there and going through the self-checkout. Chatting away and completely distracted, I gather my stuff and go to the car. I get back in to the neighborhood and realized...I forgot the ninny in the line! I paid, got my purse and left without what I bought! Thank God I live only a minute and a half from Safeway so it wasn't too much of a kick in the head to go back! I'm such a scatterbrain!
Chris is taking Peyton to the eye doctor as I write this so hopefully by the next time I check in I'll have pictures of my little man in glasses. I didn't realize just how badly he needed them until recently but I've resigned to the fact that they are what is best for him...he has his Daddy's eyes. Plus, I know his cuteness will be magnified with his little glasses :)
Jackson's favorite hobby...competitive eating
At the movies seeing Despicable Me
FRENCH FRY!!!
I swear he was enjoying it more than it looks like here







No comments:
Post a Comment