Monday, September 19, 2011

In all FAIRness...

I swore I wouldn't do it. I talked a good game. But I broke. My husband suggested it and I went along with it. I'm talking, of course, about returning after a long absence to the Charles County Fair. I've been lucky the past few years. My parents have taken my sons to the fair with them. Accidentally (on purpose) I always seem to have something to do on fair weekend (what a shame...) and the boys hitch a ride with GeeMom and GrandDad. So I broke down after my husband said his best friend was going with his kids and we went. I write this post while I hang my head in shame. If you hang in until the end of this post, I MIGHT confess why I hate the Charles County Fair. See what I did there with the suspense? You're intrigued.


Getting a football painted on his face

Cruising in his stroller

Jax's favorite part of the entire day...petting the MOOOOOOOO Cows

Jax was not happy to share his Moo Cow friend with his big brother. Find your own cow, kid!

If you squint, you can see Chris and Peyton at the top of the big giant slide

Walking back from the big giant slide together. Chris had as much fun as Peyton did on the big rides.



One of the few things Jax could do at his height. Height discrimination is a very real issue in America, people. Educate yourselves and don't let any more kids suffer this trauma! In other news, when I found out that my child was being discriminated on and could not ride the rides even with me as supervision, I offended a carnie (I actually muttered the words "Carnies hate Kids") and got free tickets. I'm not proud of it but I will fight to the death for my child's rights.

Daddy and Peyton on the ferris wheel. I feel sick just looking at this.

After the awful discrimination he faced, I bought him popcorn to soften the blow...for both of us cause I kind of wanted to ride that train too.

Mom and Dad showed up and we took the obligatory "face in the hole "picture. Of them, of course. I didn't want further proof that I had returned to the scene of the embarrassment...more on that later.



Man, I love these kids.

Tearing up a hot dog

The one ride I attempted. And it gave me flashbacks....awful, awful flashbacks. But I'll do anything for my kids.

Crazy Bus, Crazy Bus, riding on a Crazy Bus

Getting some help from GeeMom. You can see his uber-annoying kazoo. But at least it kept him occupied while Bubba got to have all the fun!

A True Confession from an Adorkable Mom: What is shared on the blog, remains on the blog. Without getting in to too many details, the reason I loathe the Charles County Fair goes back to sophmore year of high school. Me and all my cool friends (what? we thought we were cool. Everyone else might have disagreed though) went to cause mayhem and shenanigans at the Fair. I wanted to keep up with the guys in the group (being the desperate for attention teen that I was) and got on the Scrambler with my trusty BFF Ashleigh and this guy who shall remain nameless. I figured "Yeah, so what if I'm a typically queasy person...it's all in the name of coolness and that stuff is mind over matter". WRONG LINDI. Then the circling began, and more circling, and circles within circles within more circles...and the nausea set in. I swear I held it in as long as I could but then.....I vomited all over my trusty BFF and that guy I was so desperate to keep up with. I even got them on the Easy Spirit tennis shoes I borrowed from my Mom to provide me with plenty of support while I cruised the fair like the coolness that I was (shut up). The most humiliating day of my life probably remains in the memories of the Carnies, my best friend (who still brings this up in fits of laughter) and that random dude I was so desperate to impress. When I saw the Scrambler yesterday, I got queasy all over again. Sigh. The Secret Life of an Adorkable girl is filled with embarrassments and skeletons.

1 comment:

  1. Easy Spirits? Easy Spirits?! Yeah you were definitely cool.

    ReplyDelete