Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Back to School, Back to School, to prove to Dad that I'm not a fool
Holy Moly, I'm the mother of a first grader! That fact hit me square in the face yesterday morning (luckily, it didn't leave a bruise) when I was packing lunch again. I even did the corny Mom "write a special love note to your little schnuckums on a napkin in his lunch box" thing that I swore I would never do...but I'll also admit, when my mother did it when I was younger I felt like I was on top of the world. My Mom didn't do it every day like some Moms did, just on special occasions or when I needed a little "pick me up". I remember this one time when I was in one of this typical girl fights where it's like 5 on 1 and I was sitting by myself, being the social outcast that I was. I open up my lunch bag and there was a little inspirational note from my Mom that let me know that SOMEONE loved me...I don't think I ever thanked my mother for that so MOM!!! THANK YOU!!! I plan on doing that for my kids as well so they never think they are alone in this world.
Peyton had a great day and loved his new teacher Ms. Carroll. Apparently her name is changing in October when she goes and gets herself hitched and she will be Mrs. Durst. My son, who is the WORST with remembering names, has turned over a new leaf. Not only did he remember her name, he remembered she was getting married and what her married name would be. Maybe we're finally past the point where every new person he meets is called "Um....hey".
Poor Bubba had football last night after his long first day of school. I tried to get him a pass from Daddy to skip practice but Daddy was a kill-joy and made him go anyways (buzzkill). So on top of getting back in to the routine of school, he was out until 7:30 at practice! While brushing my teeth this morning, I could literally hear him in his room snoring....Aunt April is going to have her hands full getting him out of the bed this morning. The picture above this paragraph is a pic of him and his fellow Lugnut alum, Alex...LUGNUTS REUNITED!!! GOOO LUGNUTS!
Speaking of which, Aunt April is back to mornings with Peyton which he seemed more excited about than actually going to school. Today is her first day, the difference between now and last June when school ends is she's super pregnant now and a little slower moving around. Poor thing...we all know how rough that last trimester can be.
Jackson started a new program at daycare where he and the other 2 year old there are now "Buttercups". Ms Christine even bought him his own little backpack for his new preschool. This week, they are learning about the color yellow and circles. I'm beyond blessed to have this woman who cares for my children and loves them like they are her own grandkids. Without the peace of mind of having Christine look after my kids during the day, I wouldn't be able to work
In other (boring) news, I was able to get my entire house clean yesterday due to taking the day off for the first day of school! Yes, I realize that might be the single most boring line I've written in the history of "Adorkable Mom" but...live with it. This is an accomplishment. All working Moms know that a clean, dusted and fresh smelling house (top to bottom) is a luxury for most of us. But we all know how to order a mean pizza!
That's all for today folks. Happy 1st Grade to ya!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment